22 June 2020

About me

I've been involved in English Language Teaching since 1991. I taught English as a second language for ten years, in Nepal, South Korea, and Boston. I then landed a job as an ELT editor in 2000 for the Secondary ELT team at Longman Hong Kong, now Pearson Hong Kong. In 2006, I moved across town to Educational Publishing House (EPH) to lead in the creation and development of a new ELT coursebook for the secondary school market in Hong Kong. It became the first secondary ELT course from EPH to be accepted by the Education Bureau, all this thanks to a passionate, dedicated team. I left EPH at the end of 2010 and began freelancing as a teacher, editor, content developer, project manager in January 2011.

Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of working on coursebooks, workbooks, and examination material; grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation courses; teacher’s books and lesson plans; digital courses, companion websites, and online test centres; PowerPoint lessons and language learning apps. I’ve also become familiar with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), Cambridge English’s Grammar and Vocabulary profiles, and Pearson’s Global Scale of English (GSE).

During my time in ELT publishing, I've grown to love working with and leading teams. Working together to develop projects out of the ether and bring them to fruition has been one of my life's most gratifying experiences. 

Since 2011, I've also been happy to get back into teaching, both private tuition and classroom teaching. I've taught general conversation and phonics to primary school learners, and IELTS and the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education, English, to secondary school students. 

You can have a look at my CV, and if you think you I can help you with a project, feel free to contact me at apozzoni@gmail.com or via LinkedIn.

And lastly, here are some recommendations from people I've worked with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much.